BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WHY NOT???

As most of you remember about a month aga I was faced with the decision of picking between two different jobs. I decided to stay at WSU for various reasons. Well, last night I got a phone call from the job that I turned down. They had sired the alternate girl and she did not work out at all. They fired her yesturday. They apparently decided that I was the one they wanted (again) and called to see if I am available. By now most of you have had the answer NO go through your head...well I didnt instead my head went straight into...ok GOD what is this? I told the girl that I was a temp currently (which I am) and that I would have to talk to my husband and my boss and find out where this situation stands. All night I worried about weather or not this was a God thing not. I know that I Love my job at WSU, I also know that the pay is right at the bottom end of where I need it, I know that the hours are great for being able to take care of my daughter and work around Garratts schedule, and I know that there is no idea as too what is going to happen with my position, and I know that if I were made permanent that I would be very happy staying here as long as I needed to. I also know that the other job pays a lot less (which aparently is now NEGOTIABLE), I know the hours are not as flexible and that I would barly if at all make it to pick up my daughter on time from daycare 3-4 nights a week, I know that it is furthur away (in Moscow), I know that it would be permanent and that unless it just did not work out that I would probably stay there. So, what do I do. Well, first I told Garratt about it then I asked God what to do...then I went to work this morning and told my boss what was going on. Once I did that she decided to do a little digging to find out what was going on...turns out that the paperwork for the person I am filling in for is due back by the 16th of September. This will tell us what her situation is. So by the end of next week we should have a better idea of what is going on. Also, if she doesn't get her paperwork turned in by Tuesday then that is considered uncooperative and would result in termination which then opens the job for ME! Either way I should have a clearer idea of what is going to become of this poition by the end of next week, possibly sooner depending on how quickly HRS gets back to my boss. So, for now I will wait. If the other people call again I will tell them that I will know by the end of next week if they can wait, because I feel I have an obligation to my department and my boss to stay at least until the other girl returns, If she returns, and I will tell the other company that if they cannot wait that I understand but I cannot leave my current job just yet. That is the only thing that seems to work and I know that my not be the most diplomatic approach but its my approach at this point. What else can I do?

0 comments: