BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DOUBT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What is doubt?
–verb (used with object) 1. to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
2. to distrust.
3. Archaic. to fear; be apprehensive about.
–verb (used without object) 4. to be uncertain about something; be undecided in opinion or belief.
–noun 5. a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something.
6. distrust.
7. a state of affairs such as to occasion uncertainty.
8. Obsolete. fear; dread.


That is the dictionary version of doubt?

Matthew 14:31 (Whole Chapter)
Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”

Matthew 21:21 (Whole Chapter)
Then Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen


This is what the bible says about doubt.

After reading the definition and 2 verses that I really like, I sit here and ponder why it is that I EVER DOUBT GOD'S Pover? Why do I ever doubt that he is going to take care of us? Everytime I even start to doubt HE does the one thing that HE should never have to do...HE PROVES HIMSELF YET AGAIN. As a human I find myself so easily falling into the same old routines of stressing out over the things that I cannot control, worring about the things that I cannot fix and doubting the ONE who can do it ALL!! Why is that? Why is it that nomatter how many times I read Matthew 14:31 I still DOUBT the POWER that MY GOD has? Why is that even though ever time ANY ONE IN MY FAMILY (which includes my friends, bcause all of my friends are my family too!!) IS IN NEED OR TROUBLE THAT GOD IS THERE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM YET THE SECOND THAT TROUBLE OR HEARTACHE HITS WE ALL FREAK OUT BEFORE WE TRUST. Don't misunderstand me, I know that a majority of my FAMILY, does eventually trust that GOD will take care of it all, but that initial momment of impact we forget to TRUSTR and we forget NOT TO DOUBT and that GOD has it all under control adn he is going to make sure that everything is ok? I guess there is only one answer to all of this...HUMAN NATURE, it's our own STUPID HUMAN SELF. Darn myself!!!!

1 comments:

A said...

I was totally going to comment on this post and it was so long I ended up writing a whole blog about this post...so I linked you on my blog... you'll have to click over and read it.

http://curvatude.blogspot.com/2008/09/just-call-me-isreal.html

Thanks for stirring up a good God topic in my head so I could think about it this morning during my time alone with God.