BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Last Year?!?!

I apologize in advance this is going to be a long post!! :) :) :)

Wow, ok so first HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! It's really weird for me to look back at the last year it has been such a roller coaster of events. This time last year I had a 1 month old little girl that we were having a few tummy issues with, I was still on maternity leave and just loving being a Mommy. I has also started to help Garratt make final decisions in regards to which schools we were applying to. With scholorship deadlines, visit weekends, and application deadlines right around the corner we had to be right on the ball. My nephew Collin had just been born, my niece Layla was almost here and my niece Addison would be born tomorrow. Adien(my other nephew) had already turned 1 and Nevaeh (my other niece) was about to turn 1. How Fun!! So many cousins and all so close.

In October Garratt and I visited 2 schools. UC Davis and USC Pamona (sorry if that is misspelled). We eliminated Pamona, it just wasn't for us and that was obvious. UC Davis was still a possibility at this point.

In November Garratt decided that the Lord was really leading us out of California. We really didn't know where to but we knew that all Cali schools had to be eliminated. So back to the list we went. We eliminated the 2 school left from Cali and we were left with 3 schools to apply to...University of Missouri in Columbia, MO...University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill...and Washington State University in Pullman, WA. We decided to take it one application at a time.

December brought a lot of fun times, the babies (Collin, Layla, and Faith's) First's in the Christmas traditions. This included the Turlock Tree Lighting (actually in November), CHristmas Tree Lane, the Christmas Parade, Santa and Family Christmas time!!!

January brought the beginning of Garratt's final semester at MJC and the first application deadline, WSU. Garratt completed that and we were on our way.

February brought the fun of Garratt's birthday. We got our Family (whoever could go) to go play in the snow in Yosemite. That was great fun.

March was fairly slow.

April was exciting. Garratt recieved his acceptance letter for WSU.THe other applications were not due until May and July. At the end of April Garratt and I made the first trip 16 hours to Pullman, WA. It was Transfer Weekend and it was a lot of fun. The whole weekend was based around "Transfer Students." While here I was able to talk to some people and get some questions answered in regards to our particular situation, since we fall under the "NON-TRADITIONAL" Student category. After seeing the campus, talking to people and then getting to walk around by ourselves and see things we really just instantly fell in love with it. When we left Pullman, I told Garratt that I really felt like this was the place for us. We both agreed, but we also knew that if it was going to happen that is was going to be a GOD thing. When we got home we were shocked, although we shouldn't have been, at how quickly God began to work all the details into place so perfectly. A week later we were in full moving mode.

May brought a world wind of events. We moved our move date to the end of May (from the original beginning of July) Garratt worked his last day at Emanuel Medical Center on May 2, after working there for just over 11 years. We went to Tahoe for our anniversary. We worked out the financial situation for the move and school. Then I went into full stress out mode, I had just about 2 weeks to pack up everything, set up all the arangements for the move, and plan our Good-Bye party. As stressful as it all was it was fun at times too. We left Turlock on May 19 and arrived in Pullman on the 20th. My Mom, Garratt's Mom, My Sister (in-law) Manndi, My Niece Nevaeh and My Sister Steph all helped us move. We really could not have done it without them. Then on May 24th they left and headed home and left us by ourselves. For the first time ever in either of our lives we were completly by ourselves with no family and no friends near by. Where we ready? Well...that was to be determined.

The begining of June brought a road trip back to California. We drove down to be with my Brother for his birthday. It was really great. 3 days after getting home Faith and I drove Garratt to Spokane so he could catch a plane back to California. We did not realize at the time we reserved our moving van just how much stuff we had, so Garratt was going back to make a second trip with the rest of our stuff. At the end of June Garratt took off again to meet my parents in Reno and pick up my Sister Jenn. Jenn was coming up to spend a little time with us, I was really excited.

July 8th Garratt, Faith, My Sister Jenn and I headed to Spokane. We spent the night there and caught a plane on the 9th to head to California. This time for 2 weeks...YEAH!! This was also Faith's first time on a Plane and she did great!! I was so proud of her, We didn't have any problems with the plane. We had a great time too. SHe was a little anxious towards the end but other than that she did great. While in Cali we tried to do A LOT. We spent time with both families, spent time with some friends (love you Jennie, Dave and Timmy), made a trip to Yosemite(of course), threw Faith a birthday party and attended Garratt's Dad's Wedding. All of which was a lot of fun. Just like so many things the fun eventually had to end and we headed back to WA on the 22nd of July. On the 28th we started Faith in day care, for the first time, at Pullman Christian Childcare Center. This place is so great.

On August 4th I went for an interview at WSU and got the job. I started the next day!! WHOOO HOOO!!! Finally, please note that I began looking in May as soon as we decided that we were definatly moving. 3 months....UGGGG!! On the 22nd we celebrated Faith's 1st Birthday, had the Unoversity Convocation, and the University All Campus Picnic. On the 25th Garratt began the first semester at WSU.

This month so far has been fun. The 4th was a Welcome Picnic for our Apartment Complex. The 7th we started attending church at Living Faith Fellowship, which we love!! The 12th was my Department Fall Picnic out at our Associate Directors house in Palouse. The 14th was the first meeting of the Small Group that we have connected with. It is a small group and they are all fun families with children. We meet everyother week right after the church service. We have a potluck followed by children going into a play room and Adult Bible Study time. It is really great. I have connected with the wife, Sherri. SHe has been so great and her and I have really hit it off. This week we have a book fair at PCCC and a potluck on Thursday at PCCC. That should be fun. Then Faith moves into the Toddler room on Monday!!!

Wow...what a year right. We have had some downs in there too...mostly financially and little bit emotionally too but that is to be expected with all that has happened. All in all I have to say that this has been a great year. I am so blessed to have such a support group of friends and family that I can always count on. I am also so happy that God has done so much in our lives. I can honestly say that God has placed us here for a reason and I cannot wait to see what he has planned for us. I am thankful for what he has already done for us and I thank him for how much Garratt and I have grown closer to eachother. Well...this year has ended(at least sorta) and a new one is beginning and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!

I hope you've had a great day! I pray that God blesses you greatly during the coming year.

Miss you friend!