BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Glucose Test...ewwwwww

OK so last week when we got home from Cali I went in to have my standard pregnancy glucose test done. I drank the syrup waited 30 minutes, went to the hospital had my blood drawn and I was done!! No problem. I got a phone call the next day from the Dr. He said that I had failed my glucose test. Apparently the cut off is 140 and my score came back at 145. I failed by 5 points...really? Yes!!! So because that means I am on the boarder line with that score they made me do the full 3 hour panel. The only thing was that it actually took 4 hours. So Wednesday night I stopped eating at 8:30 and fasted...Garratt had to work the opening 5:30-9 shift yesterday so by the time I got to the hospital for my test it was like 9:30 ( so I am already at 13 hours of fasting and I am pregnant). I get in and the girl tells me that it will take like 4 hours not 3 because they have to test my fasing blood draw first to make sure I am under the 110 mark because if I am not then I cannot even do the test. So they draw my blood and I wait for the results. lucky for me it only took like 20 mins for them to run my blood and find out I was plenty under, then I got the yucky drink. I then got a timer and was told that when the timer got to 5 mins to ring the door bell and ket them know...1 hour later I went in for my blood draw...they handed me back my time and I waited another hour...draw again...and wait another hour. Now I kept myself occupied with suduko puzzles and Garratt's IPod, but the problem was this the Hospital cafeteria is right next to the lab, and I had to sit there and smell them cooking lunch while I waited and waited and waited. My final blood draw was at 1:30 and then I was done. I ran to the post office to pick up something and then ran home to eat I was SOOO hungry. I had been fasting for 18 hours by the time I finally ate at 2:30 pm. OH MY GOSH THAT SUCKED!!!!
The good news is the Dr had put a STAT on the results and so I got a phone call from the nurse yesterday around 4 telling me that my test came back negative for Diabeties. I passed!!! Yeah ME!!!!

0 comments: