BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Brooke Update

On Friday I went to see the OB for my 2 week routine check up. We were a little anxious about this visit because on the previous visit my blood pressure was up and if it continued to stay up there were only 2 options BED REST (yeah right me sit all day with my feet up...hahahaha) or medication (NO WAY...I am not taking pills!!!). Lucky for me it was down enough that my DR. was not too concerned for the mean time, but said he would watch it because of my history of Hypertension in the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy. The other concern we had was the contratctions and pelvic pressure I have been having. Again DR. was not super concerned because they are not quite frequent enough at this point, again he said just to watch them and if I am getting more frequent or significantly more painful then to call him. What we did get from him is that we are probably not going to make it to our due date. There are pros and cons with this. Our due date is 8 weeks away. The concern right now is first to make it to next week because then the fetal lung development is complete, the next step is to make it to 35 weeks, here is why...Pullman Regional Hospital does not have a neonatal unit, so if you go into labor prior to 35 weeks then you are medi flighted to Spokane, I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!
So right now we have 3 prayers...1) That I make it to next week without going into labor....2) That I make it to 35-36 weeks (or the end of July) without going into labor and 3) that I have everything ready for Brooke by the time I do go into labor, right now I do not feel very ready for Brooke!!!

1 comments:

A said...

Oh scary! You guys are in our prayers. Layla was a little early...so don't be too scared of a little early...but we'll pray with you that it's not a lot early.