BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So yesturday I found out that the President of WSU has put a hiring freeze on the university. The exception to this being any preapproved or specialty funded job for students. I also found out that this means that my (at the moment) temp job becomes more complicated. Refer to the previous blog regarding my job cirrcumstances. This means that if the girl I am replacing quits that there are A LOT of hoops that we have to jump through in order to be approved for hiring a permanent employee for this position. The problem is that through these hoops comes the lack of certinty that my boss could make me the permanent employee. I also found out that the girl I am filling in for could indeed return sooner than October if she gets a DRs release. That the Bad.

The good! Garratt got a job. Garratt submitted an application yesturday for the Rotunda (which is the Southside Dining Hall and the Southside Cafe). He got a phone call yesturday afternoon that he got the job. He goes in this morning to fill out paperwork and get all the details. YEAH GARRATT!!!

The Ugly!!! You all remember the job that I really wanted and was going for. I was in Limbo through the weekend waiting to hear if i got it. I was suppose to find out by Monday, no call!! I took the other job (at WSU). Well yesturday I got a phone call that I got the job if I want it. So now I know that there are a lot of uncertain circumstances here at WSU and there at the Auto Dealership there is permanent position with medical benefits. The kicker is I have to take a hefty paycut from WSU to dealership for the 90 day probation period, then they will reevaluate my work and change my salary....CATCH22!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

So last night Garratt and I sat down and looked at our budget and though that pay cut s going to hurt for the next few months in the long run it seems to be the better option for us. As a result on my 3 rd day on the job I have to have a talk with my boss about leaving. This sucks!!

I will update everyone later!!!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

You have to do what's best for you and your family. With all the uncertainties with working at WSU and the permanency at the dealership, that seems the way to go. Things will be tight, but worth it in the long run. Plus Garrett got a job, so maybe that'll help some too...