BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Final Decision

Ok, here is the full story for those of you wondering. If you read my post "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" you know what the situation was as of Wednesday. Thursday morning I went in and informes my boss that my last day would be Friday. Then Thursday evening after work I went to the dealership to take care of paperwork and get a little more info about the job and some details about things. When I got home from this I was feeling slightly weird like something wasn't right, I brushed it off and went to bed that night trying to shake this feeling. I woke up on Friday and just really had a gut feeling that I had made the wrong decision. I told Garratt how I was feeling and then went to my last day of work. As the morning progressed I could not shake this feeling. I called Garratt about 11:30 and told him that I was still having these feelings and it was really bothering me, so I asked him to pray about it until I got home for lunch and we could talk about it. After hanging up the phone I asked God that if the feelings I was having were just guilt to please put me at ease. The nagging feeling continued. At lunch Garratt and I had a long talk and decided maybe we were making the wrong decision, so we changed our minds. After deciding to stay with WSU, I started to feel more at ease. I called the dealership and told them, they were disappointed but understanding. Then I informed my boss at WSU that if she wanted me to stay that I was her's. She was thrilled. Here is the interesting part. Not even 10 mins after telling my boss that I was staying She got a phone call from our Department Head. He wanted to know what the situation with my position was, my boss informed him that I had decided to stay on for now, the my DH started asking how they could get me on permently. Long story short next week the DH (who is based out of the Vancouver, WA campus) will be in our office and he intends to find out when the final day that the girl I am filling in for has to decided if she is coming back or if she is resigning. The big card that my DH is hanging onto is that there in a Federal law that says that if you go out for an extended period of time and the company has to replace you that they do not have to guarantee you your job back, they just have to give you a comperable position. SO, long story short my DH and my boss are bothing pushing to get me hired on Full Time. After hearing this from my boss (after she got off the phone) I really felt I like I had made the right decision. There really were only 2 differences between the two jobs. The first was that one was permanent and the other was Temp (at the time). The second was the pay difference there was a huge pay cut involved with taking the job at the dealership. In the end I think that staying with the University was the best choice. So now, Garratt attends WSU, Garratt works for WSU, We live at WSU and I work for WSU...there is a lot of COUGAR love going on around here. YEAH COUGS!!!!!

3 comments:

Papa said...

Hang in there and fallow your hart,
listen to those gut feelings.

Love
Papa

A said...

so does that mean that miss faith will be going to wsu daycare too so she can be a cougar?

Courtney said...

Praise God!