BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!!

Over the last week I have ssen it all. I have seen Horrible things happen to us, I have seen Bad things happen to us, I have seen Great things happen with my mom and her health condition, and I have see good things happen to other members of our family and I have seen the ugly part of members of our family, oh and REALLY EXCITING THINGS HAPPEN TO MY FAMILY. I cannot go into detail about it all but I can describle some of it.


Let me start with the REALLY EXCITING...


As of Yesterday, September 1st, 2009, My sister Sarah and her husband Joah are the "official" parents of my nephew Micah.(see picture above) The paperwork is all signed and the adoption is complete, the last step is to go before the judge and have all of the old records sealed and his new name legalized with a new issuance of a birth certificate and a social security card, but as far as the state of California is concerned he is legally and officially a permanent member of my Sister's family (meaning MY FAMILY!!!) YEAH!!

OK Now the good news with my Mom's health. They finally may have solved the year long "mystery" of what is wrong with my mom. The diagnosis is...peristalsis...what is this? Basically it causes a decrease in the digestive systems working ability. You see it takes the average person 55 minutes to digest a meal, through a special gastric test they determined it taked my Mom 11 hours to digest a meal, hence the pain and the lack of desire to want to eat. How would you feel if food sat in your stomache for 11 hours? The good news is that there are ways to help this. There are 2 different medications. 1 she has already been on and it did not work. The other can only be gotten from Canada, thank you Canadians!! SO she has to ship it in from Canada. If this second medication does not work there are a couple of more drastic options to consider. I am praying that the medication works.

The last item I will discuss is my anger with the Financial Aid system that our government has set up. One I think that they do everything in their power to screw the little people. Second, I think that thet purposefully decieve the people who are trying to get assistance for school. THat is basically what has happened to us. We recieved half of the money needed for Garratt's schooling for the 09-10 year and we had to take out a loan for the 2nd half of it. The problem is we were mis-lead into thinking that we would recieve the entire amount of the Private loan, instead they put it through the school to certify and then the governement got their fingers involved and it became a split loan do we only got 1/2 the money, and we will get the rest in January, which is great for January but sucks for December. Oh, well...there goes our Christmas!

1 comments:

A said...

really ugly part of the family...wow I missed something there while I was hiding in my home from my own bad and uglies.