BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Updates

I am very sorry that I have not done any updates lately. Things have been a little hectic. Oh well here are some of the updates.

1) We finally got benefits. I am in the process of doing the paperwork and getting them all set up.

2) With our benefits, we went with Aetna, because of the "NATIONWIDE" coverage, then found out that there is no OB/GYN on the Aetna network within 35 miles of my house. This sucks. Although, I did find out that I can do a special form that allows us to see an OB/GYN here in town. I just have to get it approved. Not too hard, but it takes a little longer to get seen. It kinda sucks. Oh, well!!

3) I am going to be "VOLUNTEERING" at Faith's daycare from 12:30-3:30 everyday to help pay for her daycare. They needed the help and so did we. It is a win win situation.

4) There is NO sign of a let up of the hiring freeze at WSU. The Gov. of Washington released the hiring freeze on the state back in December, but Pres. Floyd is not even considering lifting it anythime soon, so as of right now, my job is looking pretty dim. So I am going to be looking for another job and seeing what happens.

5) The economic situation has taken it's toll on EVERYONE and we are no exception to that!!

6) Garratt is looking into taking 3 classes over the summer.

7) We are planning our trip to California in May/June. We will have to be back by Sunday, June 7th, because Garratt's classes would start on June 8th. So we are planning on Driving down Wed. May 24th and Thurs. May 25th and leaving on Saturday June 6th. This is the plan at this point. We hope to spend time with as many people as possible, we shall see.

That is about it for now. I will try to be better about posting updates more often and posting pictures more often, especially on Faith's sight.

0 comments: