BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Mommy Feeling

As a Mom I have realized that there are many things that you have to put your children through that they so not like. As I have had to do thins more with Brooke than I ever did with Faith I am also realizing that as Mommy I hate having to put her through it more than she hates going through it. So far in the first 10 days of life Brooke has been poked 9 days out of 10 for blood work of various kinds, mainly her Billi Ruben, she has had to wear a yucky eye mask and be placed under ultra violet phototherapy lights (billi lights) (which she screams at the whole time she is under there) and now today I found out that the Dr wants to run another test on her, but this test requires an intra-vein draw, yes that means through her vein, do you know how diffuclt and horrible that is for an infant? I am so not looking forward to this. I know that it is my duty as her mother and the fact that I love her is the reason I put her through this, but still does not mean that I like it. Actually I HATE IT!!! I do not want to put my baby through anything that is going to hurt her. SO, as we head to the lab to have this work done, pray for me so that I do not cry. Lucky for me Garratt should be home from his first shift of the day at work and have enough time to go with me before he has to be back at work for his 2nd shift for the day ( yeah he is committed, or is it I should have him committed? LOL).

0 comments: